Duties of the Township Clerk
The Township Clerk's Office is responsible for the recording, preparation and safekeeping of the minutes of the Township Committee meetings and other official records of the Township, including resolutions and ordinances. In addition, the Township Clerk prepares the agendas for the Township Committee meetings and handles the Township Committee's correspondence. The Township Clerk also maintains all records regarding appointments made to Boards and Commissions by the Township Committee.
Licenses & Permits
In addition to the above licenses and permits, the Township Clerk is the local administrator of alcoholic beverage licenses, municipal towing operator permits, billiard table licenses, and filming on public land permits.
Documents Available From the Township Clerk
The following documents are also available from the Township Clerk:
- Copies of recently adopted ordinances
- Request for Appointment or Reappointment On a Board / Commission (PDF)
- Landlord Identity Registration Form (PDF) (must be filed with the Township Clerk)
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Offsite Conditions Disclosure List
- Information on Montville Township's Soliciting and Canvassing Ordinance
The Montville Messenger
The Township's quarterly publication, The Montville Messenger, is published through the Township Clerk's office. In addition to the magazine being posted on the Township's website, it is also mailed to all residents and businesses in the Township. There are also copies available at the Municipal Building. The Messenger contains information regarding Township news and events, including Recreation and Health Department events.