The Engineering Department is responsible for the construction of roads, parking facilities, land grading and other improvements, except for structures, related to land development applications approved by the Planning Board and Board of Adjustment. New development application files are available for review throughout the Land Use Department, however, the Engineering Department staff is also available for explanation and interpretation of plans and documents within these development applications. Prospective home buyers and/or existing nearby interested residents are welcome to inquire with their questions.

The Engineering Department is also responsible for construction of roads, drainage and public facilities improvements as approved by the Township Committee, and for administration of the Solid Waste Contract. The Engineering Staff can provide information on the collection of household garbage, recyclable materials and vegetative yard waste, and the proper disposal of other household items and appliances.

Available Maps & Plans

The Engineering Department has the following types of mapping and plans available for review and purchase by the general public.
  • Tax Assessment Maps: Showing all the individual property parcels within the township.
  • Flood Maps: Flood Insurance Rates Maps (FIRM), along with other flood study plans are available.
  • Topographic Maps: Showing the elevation contours throughout the township.
  • Open Space Maps: Showing all Township owned properties.
  • Construction Plans: Plans of Capital Improvement projects.

Forms & Permits

Road Opening Permits / Regulations

For any construction work within township roadways, a permit is required. For specific details on regulations and permit application forms, please contact or visit the Engineering Department office.

Blasting Permits / Regulations

Although blasting is ultimately under state jurisdiction, the township has enacted its own ordinances to monitor and control blasting within the township. You may contact the office for details on state and municipal regulations or permit forms.

Soil Movement & Grading

Applications, information and guidance are provided by the Engineering Department for these permits.

Inquiries / Complaints

If questions, complaints or concerns arise regarding any of the above topics and a personal visit is not possible, the Engineering can respond to letter, email or telephone messages. Please include as much information as possible to assist in our analysis.