Motor Vehicle Accident Report Requests
To obtain a copy of a Motor Vehicle Accident Report you may take one of the following options:
- Come in person. Please call Police Records to ensure the report is available and that there will be someone available to assist you. There is not charge for documents up to twenty (20) pages and accident reports are typically one (1) or two (2) pages. Directions to the Police Department are available here - Direction, or if using a GPS system, use:
360 Main Road
Montville, NJ 07045
Please allow five days for the officer to complete his/her report.
- Have the report faxed or emailed to you (free of charge). Email or fax your request to Police Records. Please provide the Incident Report Number (IR#) or date of accident with the location and driver's name. Additionally, be sure to supply a return fax number or e-mall address. If you did not receive an Accident Information Card at the time of the accident you may call Police Records to obtain the Incident Report Number. Please allow five days for the officer to complete his/her report.
- Regular mail. Please send a $5 check or money order, made payable to the Township of Montville, with a request for a copy of your report. Please provide the Incident Report Number (IR#) or date of accident with the location and driver's name. If you did not receive an Accident Information Card at the time of the accident you may call Police Records to obtain the Incident Report Number. Please allow five days for the officer to complete his/her report.
In order to obtain a firearm, you must meet eligibility requirements and comply with the statutes, which govern firearms purchases in the State of New Jersey. All firearms applications for residents of Montville Township are handled through the police department's Records Bureau. Please visit the Firearms Application and Process page.
Requests for Discovery must be made in person, via email or in writing to the Records Department. Telephone requests cannot be accepted. You can submit your requests by email or mail written requests to:
Montville Township Police Department
ATTN: Records Department
360 Route 202
Montville, NJ 07045
Obtaining Temporary Handicapped Placard
Temporary handicapped placards are available from the Records window at Montville Township Police Department. The permits are valid for a 6 month period and may be renewed for an additional 6 month period (consecutive) with the submission of the appropriate documentation as follows:
Applications for a temporary permit are available from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding holidays) or under the forms section of our site.
There are two items that are needed:
- An application completed by the applicant and applicant's doctor.
- A check for $4.00 made payable to NJMVC
These items are then returned to the records window for processing. The permit will then be issued same day unless there is an issue with the application.
If you need an additional 6 month period, you must:
- Surrender your original handicap placard.
- An additional application needs to be completed by the applicant and applicants doctor. (Please check off recertification.)
- An additional check for $4.00 made payable to NJ MVC
Permanent handicapped parking placards and plates are issued by the New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicles. Applications are available from any DMV office or online at www.state.nj.us/mvc/.
If you have any questions, please contact the Records Department at 973-257-4102 or by email .