March 16, 2020
State of Local Emergency
Out of an abundance of caution, and to help curtail the possibility of community spread Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), today, the Mayor and Township Committee and the Office of Emergency Management in conjunction with the Police Chief and Montville Township Health Department have declared a “State of Local Emergency” within Montville Township.
This declaration will ensure the continuous delivery of essential Township public services during the rapidly evolving outbreak of COVID-19, and allow flexibility for government operations to address staffing capabilities and essential operational needs. This issuance of an emergency declaration gives the OEM Coordinator the authority to implement and carry out emergency management operations that may be necessary to protect the health, safety and resources of our community. This declaration also authorizes the use of special orders or emergency protective measures.
The following emergency protective measures will be implemented from Tuesday, March 17, 2020 through Friday, March 27, 2020, at which point the protocol will be reevaluated and extended if necessary. Other special orders may also be forthcoming.
- Public access to Town Hall and all other buildings and facilities, with the exception of the Public Safety Building (Police Department), shall be closed for public access.
- Residents are encouraged to utilize online payment options, U.S. Mail, or the yellow drop box located in the parking lot at the Municipal complex for taxes, utility payments, licenses, permits and other local government business.
- March 16, 2020
- Residents are encouraged to utilize phone, email, and if necessary, social media to make routine inquires and/or report information to the municipality.
- All Boards and Commission meetings are cancelled through Friday, March 27, 2020.
- The time of the Township Council meeting of Tuesday, March 24, 2020 has been changed from 8:00pm to 3:30pm in accordance with Governor Murphys’s mandatory curfew restrictions of 8:00pm through 5:00am for all non-emergency personnel. Dates of future meetings have not changed, however, they may be held by other means of communication equipment, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 10:4-8(b), if necessary. More information on this, including how the public will be permitted to participate in the meeting, may be forthcoming as conditions change.
- Township employees may be enabled to work from home as needed.
- Work schedules may be altered and personnel re-assigned as needed.
- In-state conferences and seminars are prohibited for Township Officials for the next thirty (30) days.
- All rental activities and group programs at any of our Township buildings and facilities are canceled through Friday, March 27, 2020.
- No new activities or rentals will be scheduled until further notice.
- All Recreation events are canceled through March 27, 2020.
- All parks, playgrounds, and recreational facilities including the Dog Park are closed until further notice.
All information is subject to change as this pandemic evolves. Residents are advised to monitor the Township’s website and online social media accounts for updates.