Environmental Commission Minutes 4-18-12 Print E-mail

ENVIRONMENTAL COMMISSION

MINUTES OF APRIL 18, 2012

CALL TO ORDER

Meeting began promptly at 7:30pm.

STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE

“As required by the Open Public Meetings Act, adequate notice of this meeting has been provided.  The notice specified the time and place of the meeting to the extent known at the time.  The notice was posted on the bulletin board at the Municipal Building, sent to the Daily Record and placed on file in the Township Clerk’s office”.

Roll Call. Absent with excuse, Andrew Pappachen and Keith Lee

Present: Monica Mianecki, Michele Caron, Angelo Intile, Larry Kornreich, Garry Annibal, Deb Nielson, Alex Nesterok

COMMITTEE REPORTS

Board of Adjustment –.Michele Caron has no report.

 

Board of Education – No report

 

Economic Development – Monica Mianecki reports that Kevin Boswell was the speaker.

.

Health Department – Garry Annibal reports they did not meet in April.

Open Space Committee – Angelo Intile has no report.

Planning Board – Larry Kornriech has no report.

Township Committee – Deb Nielson has no report.

MINUTES

On a motion made by Monica Mianecki, the amended March 21, 2012 minutes were approved, seconded by Garry Annibal. Approved by voice vote.

OLD BUSINESS

ANJEC grant filed.   Ms. Hunscher will be notified around July 1st if approved.

Weiss application was not approved by the Planning Board.

April Events - Posters were displayed for Arbor Day. Proclamation for Arbor Day will be awarded on April 24 at 8pm.  100 Saplings were ordered.  Tom McMillan from the VCA will check to see if there is interest in donating a tree.

Recycling Day - meeting on April 23rd with Ms. Hunscher, Mr. Brewer, and Mr. Mazzacarro regarding weekend plans. Explorers will be requested to help.

Lake Valhalla Access Road for PSE&G - Deb Nielson states there are on going meetings regarding this issue.

NEW BUSINESS

Plan Review - EC should review all soil movement permits and lot line adjustments, but not necessarily building replacement permits.  Garry Annibal suggested having Ms. Hunscher make the decision.  Larry Kornreich, Angelo Intile and Alex Nesterok will meet 1-2 times a month with Ms. Hunscher to review plans.

Fall Events - Educational Component - Monica Mianecki spoke with Hugh Merritt regarding a rain barrel initiative.

ADJOURNMENT

On a motion made by Angelo Intile and seconded by Alex Nesterok the meeting was adjourned at 8:25pm.

Respectfully Submitted.

Liz Johansen

Secretary

 

Last Updated ( Friday, 14 September 2012 )
 
< Prev   Next >
Joomla School Template by Joomlashack