8:00 a.m. – Statement of Open Public Meetings Act Compliance
Pledge of Allegiance
8:00 – 8:10 a.m. Welcome, Introduction of Consultant & Review Committee, Overview of Process
8:10 – 8:50 a.m. Consultant Initial Recommendations
8:50 – 9:30 a.m. Citizen Committee Initial Recommendations
9:30 – 10:10 a.m. Public Portion
10:10 – 10:30 a.m. Township Committee Discussion and Actions/Information for Next Meeting
Subsequent Tentative Meetings: Wednesday, May 12, 7 pm
Monday, May 17, 7 p.m.
05/07/2010 12:53 PM
Montville Township Committee Meeting
Board of Education Budget Review
May 8, 2010
Rules of the Day
We have a limited time for review and discussion of this important topic; therefore we request your cooperation in insuring a thorough and efficient meeting. To that end we request that you review and honor the following:
1. No one is an adversary! We are all attempting to do what is best for our students, our employees and our taxpayers. Please be respectful of all involved.
2. We have set and will follow the prescribed time frames for each part of the agenda. The intent is to allow our professional consultant to provide input, followed by the appointed citizen ad hoc committee and then to allow public participation. Public participation is only allowed during that section of the agenda. Please hold your comments until then. This will allow the public the ability to provide opinions on items proposed by the consultant and the ad hoc committee after their presentations. At 10:10 a.m. the public participation will end. Additional points/comments can be submitted to the Township Clerk or to the Township Committee via our website.
3. Please keep individual statements to 3 minutes or less so that as many people as possible can speak. Please make your point(s) clearly and concisely and do not repeat points that have been previously made.
4. During public participation you must come forward to the microphone and clearly state your name, street address and town. There can be no comments made from the audience as all comments need to be on the record.
5. Public comments will be noted and, if requiring a response, may be addressed during the Township Committee discussion portion at the end of the meeting. Please realize that some questions may need to be researched to provide an accurate and appropriate answer. If so, we will provide a response at the next scheduled meeting
6. There will be no debate between the public and members on the dais or the Board of Ed. The purpose of this meeting is to provide input to the Township Committee for our decision making process.
7. See #1 above.