7:00 p.m. – Statement of Open Public Meetings Act Compliance
Pledge of Allegiance
7:00 p.m. Citizen Committee and Township Committee review their recommendations
8:30 p.m. Public Portion
9:15 p.m. Township Committee reviews the impact of actionable items with the Board of Education
9:45 p.m. Final Township Committee Discussions and Decisions
10:15 p.m. Adjournment
Subsequent Tentative Meeting: Monday, May 17, 7 p.m.
05/11/2010 3:04 PM
Montville Township Committee Meeting
Board of Education Budget Review
May 12, 2010
Rules of the Day
This is a detail review meeting of potential actions the TC might recommend. We have a limited time for review and discussion of potential actions. We request your cooperation in insuring a thorough and efficient meeting. To that end we request that you review and honor the following:
1. No one is an adversary! We are all attempting to do what is best for our students, our employees and our taxpayers. Please be respectful of all involved.
2. We have set and will follow the prescribed time frames for each part of the agenda. The intent is to allow appointed citizen ad hoc committee and the individual TC members to make their recommendations and then to allow public participation. Public participation is only allowed during that section of the agenda. Please hold your comments until then. This will allow the public the ability to provide opinions on items proposed after their presentations. Please make your comments to specific items – the Township Committee cannot act on general comments
3. Please keep individual statements to 3 minutes or less so that as many people as possible can speak. Please make your point(s) clearly and concisely and do not repeat points that have been previously made. Please keep to the time limit so as to respect your fellow citizens’ right to speak.
4. During public participation you must come forward to the microphone and clearly state your name, street address and town. There can be no comments made from the audience as all comments need to be on the record.
5. There will be no debate between the public and members on the dais or the Board of Ed. The purpose of this meeting is to provide recommendations to the Township Committee for our decision making process.