The Land Use Department is involved in almost all aspects of land use and development. Its responsibilities include serving as the staff resource for the Township's Land Use Boards, administering the Township's affordable housing program, formulating long range development plans, issuing zoning permits, and the enforcement of zoning ordinances & the property maintenance code.
For your convenience, our online Department resources have been broken down into the following categories:
- Zoning permit applications for new construction, additions, signage, new tenants or accessory structures.
- Report suspected property maintenance or zoning violations.
- Applications for affordable housing
- Information on the Township's affordable housing program and other local resources.
- Interactive Township zoning map
Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- Applications for land development and soil movement (Planning Board & Zoning Board of Adjustment)
- Applications for Certificate of Appropriateness for alterations or repairs to historic properties (Historic Preservation Review Committee)
- Information on Open Space preservation (Environmental Commission)
- Resources for businesses seeking to move into the Township (Economic Development Committee)
- Information on the public hearing process.
- All applications related to Land Use
- Long-term planning documents
- Detailed information on zoning requirements for driveways, sheds, pools, fences and walls.