Statement of Core Values
The Municipal Court has original jurisdiction over:
- Motor vehicle violations
- Local ordinance Offenses (Zoning, building, health violations)
- Petty disorderly person offenses
- Disorderly person offenses
- Fish and game violations
- Park Police - traffic and criminal offenses
- Weights and measure violations
- Citizen complaints - traffic and criminal
If you need the service of an interpreter, please notify the municipal court administrator prior to your court appearance.
Any other proceedings where jurisdiction is granted by statue.
Many motor vehicle violations, unless serious, can be paid directly through the Municipal Court Violations Bureau at 360 Route 202 or online at NJMCDIRECT.COM, the New Jersey Municipal Courts website.